Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Labor

Going back to that day and thinking about every little detail is hard. I remember everything before birth so vividly. It's like it happened yesterday.

After the phone call to my husband, I called my mom. She didn't answer. I called my sister, KL; I asked her if she knew where mom was. She didn't, but she asked what was wrong. She, too, could hear it in my voice. I told her what had just happened and she said "oh my God". She was shocked. She told me she would try to find mom and have her call me. I called my other sister, TL, she didn't answer. A minute or so later mom called. KL had already told her. Mom was crying. I told her I was going to pick up my husband and we were going to the hospital. She immediately got herself a flight here.

At home, dh (husband) and I packed some things for the labor. We talked a little, but we were both in such shock. So, it was mainly just crying. The ride to the hospital was the worst. I was shaking. I was scared. I was nervous. I had every emotion possible running through me. We had our 1 year old with us. He was so good that day while he was at the hospital.

We got to l/d around 1pm, they were expecting me. I guess my doctor called them and told them I was coming. They put me in the corner room. It had a sign on the door. It was a picture of a leaf with a droplette on it. When you see that, it means someone has died.. I didn't know that then. After the nurse did her thing with me, one of the doctors from the office came in. She was so sad. I have never seen a doctor cry with a patient before, but she did. And she was absolutely amazing while we were there.

When they started the pitocin I was also offered an epidural. They weren't gonna make me wait at all. I wanted it, so I got it immediately. Before they could do it they had to give me ativan to stop my shakes.

While I was in labor, my friends were texting me. They knew I was having possible contractions the day before. My husband text them back with whatever I asked him to say and one of my friends, JN, was so amazing. She took care of the kids for me. They spent the night at her house and everything.

Around 8pm, our baby boy was born. Jayce, our Angel, was finally here...

3 comments:

  1. even though you gave me thr run down of your story, this is so touching and heartbreaking. I love Jayce. I love you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, honey, I am in tears this morning. I ache for you and your family. I know that no words can fix this or comfort you. I am praying for continued strength for you.

    ReplyDelete